The SportTrainer 450 m Remote Trainer takes the most advanced, industry-leading technology that SportDOG™ Brand has ever built into its e-collars and packaged it up in the most compact system ever offered. Ideal for training in the yard, field, or for hunting with close-working dogs, the 425 model allows you to switch instantly between stimulation, vibration, and tone. This new 425 Model is an upgraded replacement for the FieldTrainer 400 (SD-400).
Not for use with aggressive dogs. Do not use this product if your dog is aggressive or if your dog is prone to aggressive behaviour. Aggressive dogs can cause severe injury and even death to their owner and others.
If you are unsure whether this product is appropriate for your dog, please consult your veterinarian or a
Please read and follow the instruction manual before using this product. Proper fit of the collar is important. A collar worn for too long or made too tight on the dog’s neck may cause skin damage. This is called bed sores; it is also called decubitus ulcers or pressure necrosis.
• Avoid leaving the collar on the dog for more than 12 hours per day.
• When possible, reposition the collar on the dog’s neck every 1 to 2 hours.
• Check the fit to prevent excessive pressure; follow the instructions in this manual.
• Never connect a lead to the Collar Receiver; it will cause excessive pressure on the contacts.
• When using a separate collar for a lead, don’t put pressure on the electronic collar.
• Wash the dog’s neck area and the contacts of the collar weekly with a damp cloth.
• Examine the contact area daily for signs of a rash or a sore.
• If a rash or sore is found, discontinue use of the collar until the skin has healed.
• If the condition persists beyond 48 hours, see your veterinarian.
These steps will help keep your dog safe and comfortable. Millions of dogs are comfortable while they wear stainless steel contacts. Some dogs are sensitive to contact pressure. You may find after some time that your dog is very tolerant of the collar. If so, you may relax some of these precautions. It is important to continue daily checks of the contact area. If redness or sores are found, discontinue use until the skin has fully healed.
• You may need to trim the hair in the area of the Contact Points or switch to the longer Contact Points to ensure consistent contact. Never shave the dog’s neck; this may lead to a rash or infection.
• You should not make the collar any tighter than is required for good contact. A collar that is too tight will increase the risk of pressure necrosis in the contact area.
|Collar To Fit Neck size||up to 71cm|
|Batteries Required||Rechargeable (supplied)|
|Max Range (m)||450m|
|Average Battery Life||50 - 70 Hours|
|Recharging Time||Collar Unit - 2 hours Remote Unit - 2 hours|
|Number of correction levels||7|
|Low Battery Indicator||Yes|
|Number of Operation Modes||1|
|Max Number of Dogs||3 - Additional collars must be purchased separately|
|Built in Safety Limiter||Yes|
CatFlaps.co.uk is rated 4.70 stars by Reviews.co.uk based on 2508 merchant reviews